• New Vegas, No Weapons ...

    • This blog tracks my self-set personal challenge to complete Fallout: New Vegas, using no weapons.
    • You can find a full detailed run-down of the what's and why by following this link: CLICK ME.
    • You can view the mods that I'm using on this page CLICK ME, to confirm if there are any game enhancers or things that could possibly help me in any way.
    • the game difficulty is currently set to Normal with Hardcore mode on, I shall attempt to raise difficulty unless it impedes progress.

After Wandering about Vegas, I decide to enter the 'side-quest for experience' side of life, and head on over to the brotherhood, they're quite good for some simple quest lines that are moderately quick to do.

Now, when I say moderately quick, I overstate that would be for a normal character... after only the very easiest parts (the situation in Hidden Valley etc) I realise that my character is very much incapable of anything else.

I go hunting for the lost Paladins, one set is easy to find, and only made 'dangerous' by some Centaurs, which can easily be killed...

... by anyone with a gun! For me however, it was quite some struggle, and a struggle I almost lost!

Video Time :D


After roughing my way to the Paladins I find that my efforts are good but I cannot proceed due to a lack of lock picking capability for the next location!

I head to Novac for some major medical attention and then head up to Nellis Airforce Base, this in turn starts me on the Boomers quests, and once again I think to myself... these are easy! mostly fetch and carry ... right?

So I start off doing a few quests for the Boomers, at the same time, thanks to a trip to the HELIOS solar plant the I get re-side-tracked onto the Brotherhood Quest line... (at this stage I was really just doing anything I was capable of... which meant swapping and changing my quest on the fly)

I wrap up the parts I can and then take some time to think... I'm stuck, genuinely stuck. but I need experience points so I can advance levels such that I can get the skills to continue!

What a conundrum

Unsure what to do I decide that if all else fails I can attempt to progress the main story line. After yet another quest change in my pip-boy I head out to have a chat with Ceasar at the Fort, this time about sorting things out.

I'm not entirely sure which faction to play for at this stage so, it's open season for Platinum Chip holders like myself. I arrive at the Fort do all the dialogue crap that is required and head into the bunker on which the Fort sits.

I enter the bunker and it suddenly strikes me. This will not be easy, robots are tough, I'm not... lasers hurt, and being constantly radiated leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It irks me, but I again change my mind, deciding I need additional perks before I can properly consider combating multiple robots and possible the Legion.

However, I find myself at an odd point in the game, Ceasar has confiscated the Platinum Chip which means now I have to finish this quest line somehow. I think on matters for a moment and decide to leave the Fort and come back later.

Instead I wrap up the session by heading to Gomorrah and doing everything I can to grab experience, this is probably where I should have started this session, but hindsight etc etc...

Thanks to all the random little bits of experience I have managed to get I tick level 13 and call it a night.

Character Detail:
Level 13
Unarmed Skill 66
Combat Armour Mk2, Combat Helmet Mk2 (reinforced)
- both bits of armour really need to be repaired...

Powered by Blogger.