• New Vegas, No Weapons ...

    • This blog tracks my self-set personal challenge to complete Fallout: New Vegas, using no weapons.
    • You can find a full detailed run-down of the what's and why by following this link: CLICK ME.
    • You can view the mods that I'm using on this page CLICK ME, to confirm if there are any game enhancers or things that could possibly help me in any way.
    • the game difficulty is currently set to Normal with Hardcore mode on, I shall attempt to raise difficulty unless it impedes progress.

The title for this post is pretty indicative of what is about to follow.

after my last session I've put my tail firmly between my legs and rather than trying to take on anything that moves, I've become 'the thing that moves'

... and when I say 'moves' I mean walks the entire length of the Mojave,end to end... several times. My first port of call is Boulder City, to 'revisit' my forgotten storyline elements that in turn lead me to go to Vegas.

Fallout New Vegas


However, being that I'd skipped to Vegas already, there's not much to catch up on. I have a chat with a computer monitor that bumbles on about wanting fish and (platinum) chips - I speed click my way through the conversation options so that I can crack on lining up my Vegas side quests.

Experience comes with age

Thanks to the eager inhabitants of Vegas (namely the rougher contingent) after I beet some thug to death I'm treated to my Level 11 advancement.

Level 11 stats
It's worth pointing out that Some thugs in New Vegas aren't vagrants, aren't junkies... or thugs, or hired assassins, or would be muggers...

No, it's equal opportunities in Vegas. Here, even grannies can be hoodlums! No, seriously ... I was attacked by grannies.

Old Ladies, Wild Wasteland

Ever wondered what it's like to wander?

I certainly never have put much thought to it, but I certainly have invested a lot of time into the act of wandering, various quest lines now draw me into the wastes and in a billion different directions, i'm moderately sure I've travelled to ever corner of the map in this session.

Visit the Brotherhood, check ... Revisit the Mojave Outpost to pick up Cassady's Quest lines now that I'm in Vegas, check... Find the ambushed caravans, check... visit the Legion camp at The Fort, via Cottonwood Cove, check.

Now, keep in mind, most of the locations in question I've yet to visit, so there's no fast travel for me today, just lots, and lots of walking.

I'd draw out the whole map, but that'd just end up being the entire New Vegas Map, so I present the 'major' part of my journey.

Map Mojave

What the map leaves out, is my journey at the north with Cass looking for caravans. Not a lot happened, but I feel I must point out that while she was with me I made her use melee attacks. I still feel a little cheated as she pulled a knife when a handful of Fiends attack us en-route.

Wait ... you had Cass helping? surely that voids the challenge?!

I'm not overly depressed by having Cass as a companion this is still 'within the limits of the game' the event of Cass killing some Fiends I don't think has any negative bearing on my challenge to complete the game without using weapons. I have not done so, and I've done nothing to interfere with the games normal procedure, which in this case... was Cass stabbing some ugly looking fellow in the face several times.

If it makes things better once I was over her story arc at a point where she no longer needed to be with me, I dispatched her back to the Mojave Outpost... I then beat up a larger gang of Jackal Gangers on my way to Cottonwood Cove, all by my lonesome. Just to prove that I'm still up to the task of taking on the wasteland without wielding weapons.

The session has been long, slightly dull, but essential to making progress in the storyline, If only there were taxi cabs in the wastes?

Character Detail:
Level 11
Unarmed Skill 63
Combat Armour, Combat Helmet Mk2 (reinforced)

Powered by Blogger.